5 Week Drawing Course, Gold Coast
JANUARY 29 - FEBRUARY 26 Booked Out!
Wednesdays 10 am - 12:30 pm
76 Armstrong Way
Highland Park Q 4211
Maximum of 10 students
This course is designed for beginners or anyone desiring a solid foundation in drawing skills. Many of the exercises are based on the techniques of Kimon Nicolaides of the Art Students' League of New York, as well as Betty Edwards book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.
Students will be surprised how quickly their skills will be improved once they learn how to really 'see'.
Techniques covered include:
- Gesture, mass and contour drawing
- Negative and positive space
- Different ways of measuring proportions
- Tone and form
- Shading with different grades of pencils
- Creating different edge qualities
- Quality graphite (lead) pencils in grades B, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Artist quality sketchbook or cartridge paper 200gsm or thereabout. A4 or A3 size. (Please buy from an art store. No Mont Martre paper.)
- Printer paper (any quality). This is for disposable drawings
- Kneadable eraser, preferably Faber-Castell brand