Pen and Watercolour Techniques, Esk, June
Somerset Art Society Inc.
Sunday June 19
10am -4 pm
A variety of different subjects and styles will be covered using felt pen with watercolour. After starting with traditional pen & wash techniques, we will also explore how to incorporate line work into finished watercolour paintings for added interest. Other styles will also be covered so that students have plenty of inspiration for future painting ideas.
This workshop is a wonderful opportunity to have a play with this combination of media which has a large range of possibilities.
WHAT TO BRING:
· All your usual watercolour painting supplies-paints, brushes, water pots, old towel, board, masking tape, pencil and eraser
· A black felt pen about size 0.5 or 0.7. It MUST be waterproof
· Some Hot Pressed (Smooth) watercolour paper for pen & wash. You will require enough for about three or four A4 size sheets. 300gsm and preferably 100% cotton.
· Extra watercolour paper of either Smooth (HP) or Medium (Cold Pressed) for one other small painting.
· Bring along some finished watercolour paintings you are happy to add pen work to. Suitable subjects would be flowers/still-life, nature subjects, simple beach scenes etc. Bring the original reference and anything that relates to the scene. For example a shell for a beach scene, a feather for a nature subject. Pen line work will be drawn over the original painting.
· One sheet of graphite transfer paper, plus tracing or thin paper (e.g. printer paper)
· Other coloured fine point felt pens
· Nib pen and drawing ink or India ink
· Non waterproof black or brown felt pen
· Small spray bottle for water
· Watercolour (Aquarelle) pencils or regular colour pencils
Jan will demonstrate and/or show examples using the optional materials, so you might like to try out some ideas, but there is no need to go and buy the extra equipment if you don’t already own it.
For all enquiries and bookings, please contact Jan Godfrey: email@example.com
Please do not use the shopping cart below. Thanks!